This series shows previously unpublished black-and-white and color photos of the German Luftwaffe during World War II; the photos were found exclusively in private archives and collections. The pictures, printed in superior quality on strong high gloss paper provide an insight into all facets of the Luftwaffe, even into such areas that have played a subordinate role in book publications until now, such as reconnaissance planes, fighter planes and transport planes.
In addition, topics such as unknown insignia, equipment, technology, the crews' fates and photos with a history are addressed. Each edition deals with a special topic in text and pictures. The photos are provided with captions by a specialist team consisting exclusively of Luftwaffe experts, so that historically interested enthusiasts as well as model builders find highly interesting material.
The edition series ?Luftwaffe im Focus? is intended to provide in the future a worldwide discussion platform for all people interested in the history of the Luftwaffe in World War II. All volumes contain German/English texts and belong on the bookshelves of each enthusiast who is interested in the German Luftwaffe and who wish to see more than the old well-known photos.
Featured in this issue:
- Colorphotos: Me 262, photos from the "Waldwerk" near Burgau
- Portrait: Knight Cross winner Oblt. Theodor Haker from St.G. 77 - a Stukapilot with more then 900 combat missions
- Personal emblem: KG 2 "Holzauge - Sei Wach!"
- Photos with a story: The history of 3. Staffel JGr. 10 - 1944/45 - Part 1
- Unknown emblem: The "Wetterkarten"-Emblem from Wettererkundungsstaffel 51
- Unusual: Bomben agaist winter storms
- Photo addition of a rescue mission from Lt. Josef Berendes (Portrait LiF 15)
- Photo addition about the Italian Air Force at the Channel (LiF 13)
- Scenery: Return of a missing crew from Aufklärungsgruppe 14 and much more